Thursday, August 09, 2007

You've Got Mail

I just finished watching this movie on TV. It is one of my favorites. Our first date movie was Sleepless in Seattle so I've always been a sucker for Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. We were in a Mom and Pop bookstore on our vacation. Our kids thought it was very cool. It dawned on me that they had only been to the big box Chapters for books before. Little book stores are rarely found in the towns we have lived in and we've not made the effort to find them in our neighboring cities. It really is too bad that those Shop Around the Corner type places are becoming fewer. We used to shop in those eclectic areas of our city before kids. They aren't so stroller friendly or spacious for our huge tribe so it is a rare event when we get to those areas to shop. I think this weekend while we are sans crew we need to head down to one of my old haunts in our neighboring city and check out some non-chain shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ker!! Glad your blog is back! ;) I enjoyed reading all your new posts! I can't believe how big the kids are getting! Cute, cute, cute!

    ~ Cyn <3

    ReplyDelete