Sunday, October 05, 2008

mmmmmm... Fall Stew


I was perusing the aisles of Extra Foods (a mini Superstore) in a neighboring town while La Diva had piano lessons. I rarely get to this store but have enjoyed several products from there in the past. This time I picked up the PC Memories of Burgundy Burgundy Beef Stew Spice & Recipe Kit. I thought I had most of the ingredients for the recipe at home and with the fall weather stew sounded like a great idea. I must admit that when it came time to making it I didn't have all the ingredients listed on the recipe so I made stew like I normall would but with the addition of these spices and the red wine of course. It was delicious.  The family wanted to know what was different about the stew. The smell was heavenly and I was drooling all day as it simmered in the crock pot. I will likely try some of the other spice combos available.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm I can almost smell it from NZ! Just as a matter of interest what veges do you throw in with your slow cooking stews?

    ReplyDelete