Sunday, January 06, 2008

Another problem down

I think I've finally found the solution to the toy disaster. We found a good deal on a pantry. It has several shelves and doors that close. It is durable and can be reused as something else when we move on again. I was able to organize the toys and they are now all neatly tucked away in the pantry. I think that now that the boys see how much real estate they've gained to play in they will be more cooperative with the cleaning up and putting away of toys. They can reach all but the top shelf with the aid of a bathroom stool. So the top shelf is filled with games and they usually play them with me or their older sibs.

Next task is my closet... it should have been done by now but I think I'll have more success when the crew is back in school this coming week. I'll let you know if I come up with any brilliant solutions for that disaster.

While we've enjoyed our Christmas vacation I'm looking forward to getting back to routine next week. When the crew is in school I know what day of the week it is and I work around the routine of our life. I've been a bit of a slacker during vacation but we've had fun and that is all that really matters. I'll be sad to tear down all the Christmas things. YES, they are still up, including the tree but in my defense it's not Ukrainian Christmas til the 7th and that has always marked the day past which I cannot stretch the Christmas season. I will miss my pretty tree, the meaningful ornaments and the twinkling lights, the nativities and angels scattered through my living room and kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment