Friday, May 09, 2008

Hey Strangers...

Sorry for disappearing from the blogosphere and life in general for the last little while. I've not been feeling well at all and suffering from some major brain fog on top of it. I've resorted to some OTC muscle relaxants which turn me into Lucy in the Sky with diamonds. While my ramblings on that trip may have been very amusing I decided it was best if I spared my family and myself of any potential humiliation. I could have whined and moaned about my pain but I had recently written those Eeyore posts and that would have bit me in the butt big time. I've finally had 2 not so bad days and am down from the cloud for now.

I went to see a new doctor this week and will get some bloodwork done in the next while and then we will go from there to get our official diagnosis. She was a great listener and didn't make me feel like an insane hypochondriac like the last doctor did. She was respectful of my tendency to go alternative therapy before medicine. She took lots of notes and kept the notes I brought along. I left feeling that I'd been heard in regards to my torment. She was a bit hung up on my insomnia and had concerns of sleep apnea. The thought of a sleep study somewhere horrified me enough to hit the health food store in search of some Calme Forte (that many have recommended). They only had the kids version and I was not up for dissolving 20 pills under my tongue to get an adult dose. The lady kindly sent me to a little pharmacy that was known to be stocking lots of homeopathic stuff. The pharmacist/owner was incredibly helpful and even called me at home afterwards because she had forgotten to mention something. I've had 2 decent nights sleep taking this magic little pill called neurexan.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm so glad you checked in...you've been on my mind a lot. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm happy to hear you've had a couple days of relief, I'm praying it continues. I'm also glad to hear you've found a doc that'll listen to you.

    much love,
    Cza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:06 a.m.

    Yah for sleep. You have been sorely missed hon. Glad the fog is starting to clear. I will keep praying for you
    Love J9

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you lots and have been checking in. You've been missed. Sorry you haven't been feeling well, but good news that you found a doctor who will listen. I love mine for that very reason. Glad you're feeling better! Hoping for lots more good days strung together in the very near future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found a reasonable doc~!

    ReplyDelete