Friday, February 22, 2008

Watch your tongue.

I've been a little grouchy lately about the time that has been consumed by the Hero's work and volunteer activities. I've been grousing about the lack of things being accomplished on the "ToDo" list. I've even grumbled to a few friends about it. *blush* Something I really try not to ever do and I'm ashamed that I have. The thing is the "ToDo" list doesn't really bother me that much, it's not going anywhere and it will get done........ eventually. I've been missing the Hero and instead of that coming out in positive, loving ways I've been grumbling under my breath. He will say that he's here all the time (he works from home) and while he is in the physical sense his mind is going at warp factor 8 and conversations get interupted by the blasted crackberry or the phone. He's had 2 trips south this month. I'm feeling lonely and acting like a spoiled child.

Thanks to Mrs. Fussy Fussypants over at Marriage Hacks and her posts of the last 3 days -

Testicles, Let Him Keep Them- part 1 and 2; and
The Secret to Marital Harmony

I've had a much needed slap upside the head with the very balls I cut off. ~yes I said balls and testicles, get over it~ In the grand scope of things I only had about 5 things on the quiz that I need to work on ~pats on back~ but I know better.

I've been pondering the many marriages around our town that are falling apart. I hear snippets of conversations when I'm waiting for school to get out, at the post office, a restaurant, getting my nails done, etc. We live in a tiny place, you see the same people every day, everywhere. The common thread throughout these conversations is disrespect. These people, sadly mostly women, talk as if their spouse is the most incapable, worthless human being on the planet. They gripe and moan constantly about all that their spouse is not and they do this everywhere, loudly, with no regard to the people around them.

I've let this negativity slip into my subconscious and come out of my mouth. I've complained about the Hero to two people in my tiny circle of friends. Silly stuff like Christmas lights not put away. I'm not those women and I'm ashamed that I've stooped to that level and allowed this kind of speech to fly from my mouth. I need to check my tongue. I am blessed with a husband who always speaks kindly about me and there are many times I do not deserve that. He builds me up to everyone. I've let him down and myself down by speaking as I have.

I am so incredibly thankful for the amazing husband, father and man that the Hero is. We've come such a long way from the selfish individuals we once were. We are a great team. He is truly my other half and I can't imagine life without him. He is a blessing to me every day, even when he is busy, when his mind is on other things, when he's stressed or grumpy, he's still my blessing. He loves me completely and I'm often undeserving of that. I'm flawed, far from perfect and I don't have it all figured out. Thankfully he shows me much grace and loves me in spite of my imperfections.

So thank you sweet Hero for being my man, loving me completely and without condition. I promise to watch my tongue and not use it as a tool to tear you down or to belittle myself, our marriage and our family.


Proverbs 18:21~ Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit—you choose.
- The Message Bible

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:41 p.m.

    Thank-you for saying what sometimes I need to hon'
    You hit it on the head - sometimes it's hard to see past the end of our "inside" feelings and remember we couples!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:43 p.m.

    remember we ARE couples!!

    sorry about that

    ReplyDelete