Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Frustration

I've been dealing with some frustration in my life for awhile now... my torment frustrates me, actions of others frustrate me, my kids sometime frustrate me, I frustrate me. I've been trying to get to the source of my frustration and break free of it. Today this scripture, particularly the Message's version of it really hit me:

Galatians 2:21 (The Message)

19-21What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit being a "law man" so that I could be God's man. Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.

Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God's grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.

I pray that I will be able to let go of the things that frustrate me and live my life free from the chains of the expectations of those that do not matter and even those that do. To live my life as I have been called to with joy in my heart and gratitude for even the things that bring me frustration.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:08 p.m.

    Kerry, Thank you for being a source of encouragement to me. I'm praying for you as well! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete