Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Fabulous Mrs. Fussypants has started a new "meme", weekly post topic, whatever you want to call it. Unlike Fuss and her fabulous friends I'm a mere speck in the blogosphere but I do think it is important that we remind ourselves why we are blessed so I decided to play along.

We've had some behind the scenes things going on in our little town lately. Unfortunately I've been unable to speak of them but come tonight that all may change. ;) Throughout these tests and trials I've been proud to say that despite the best efforts to destroy my Hero and others like him we can hold our heads high. Unlike the destroyers, my Hero has integrity. I'm thankful that we know that our victory is in the Lord and no matter what the earthly destroyers can throw our way we will have victory. When one door closes another opens and we've been so blessed to see that play out in our lives on many occasions.

I am thankful that my Hero loves me so very much. Our little town is full of broken down families and marriages on the brink of destruction. It really breaks my heart to listen to how people who supposedly love one another treat each other and talk about each other when their spouse is not there and sometimes even in front of them. We've come such a long way and I'm so grateful that we have love and respect for each other. Our marriage is a blessing and even the hard stuff in life sucks far less because we are a team.

The crew are our constant source of joy. Even in the midst of teen/tween angst and hormonal overload, mean girl drama, close quarters, little boys getting independent and all the other challenges that come with raising 4 children we are blessed with great kids.

I'm also thankful that I'm beginning to see some light in the midst of my quest to figure out how to manage my torment. I'm thankful for medical professionals and alternative health care providers. I'm thankful for understanding friends who don't write me off because of my challenges. They love me even when I totally suck some days.

I am grateful for the beautiful weather we have been having. I love watching my garden grow under the beautiful blue skies.

What makes your life suck less today?

1 comment:

  1. Heart breaking when there are so many divorces around you isn't it?!

    Life is less sucky today cuz the sun is SHININ!

    ReplyDelete