Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Rare Gift

It is a gift to find a friendship where someone truly knows your heart. It's a gift to find someone who will hear you tell them hard stuff and see that it is coming from a place of love. For them to accept that you care enough about them to take a risk and speak the tough stuff. I'm very thankful to have that gift in my life. It's been a long time since I've felt this safe in a friendship.... a long time since I've been able to trust like this. I am blessed and so very thankful for this rare gift.

Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away. ~George Eliot

2 comments:

  1. hell,
    I'm abhishek .

    your thougts about friendship are much inspirable.
    I think I may be your friend..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to think I am a great friend...some days I am sure that I am less then stellar.

    Its a great comfort to know that there is someone in this world that will keep my craziness grounded, and see things that I may be missing.

    I have always been so guarded with alot of people, but have found that with others, my "fence" is not as high....

    I am grateful for the friendships I have....

    ReplyDelete