Sunday, June 01, 2008

Take that Fred Flinstone!

I have ugly feet, so ugly that the Hero dubbed them Fred Flintstone feet many years ago. Fat, wide, square toes, not loverly at all but I hate socks! So I love summer because it frees me from socks and I can go barefoot most anywhere. Due to the ugliness of my feet they need some help to be acceptable to the general public. After a long, hard winter of neglect they are in sad shape. I've been too scared to get a professional pedi because of my torment. I'm worried it will cause me too much pain and I will suffer through because they aren't cheap. I usually take the plane to my nasty heels but even the thought of that has made me cringe in fear this year. I've heard some good things about the Ped Egg and when I finally spotted one in a store I decided to give it a go. This thing really works and doesn't cause me pain. I'm frankly very shocked because anything with the "as seen on TV" label on it has the alarm bells ringing for a skeptic like me. It is easy to use, easy to clean and doesn't cause me any pain.

5 comments:

  1. Good to know! I saw them at the store and thought they looked an awful lot like my Microplane...and I know for a fact that when that thing hits skin it hurts like crap! so I was a little gun shy. kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't dump the shavings out on a little black towel do you? The ads for that thing give me th heebie geebies! But I'm glad it works...my Barney Rubble feet salute your formerly Fred Flintstone feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I've never seen the commercial but I will admit to testing the Hero's gag reflex by showing him my half egg full of Flinstone dust. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow ow ow. Blech.

    My ugly stepsister feet salute Barney, Fred Dino and whomever else happens to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:40 p.m.

    I've had limited success with my PedEgg (it does hurt like hell when it catches my heel ruts and various rough spots) - I have to be SUPER careful and it's only a temporary fix for my one bad/ugly foot. But I'm glad it's working for you!

    ReplyDelete