Thursday, August 21, 2008

Do you know who you are?

Do you know who you are?  I'm so thankful that I've finally found myself.  It's taken nearly forty years and the road has been a rough one at times.  I finally feel secure in my self and my identity.  I am a child of the King of Kings, I am a woman, a daughter, a sister, a wife, a lover, a help meet, a other half, a mother, a friend, a warrior, an intercessor, a cry baby, a grump, a worrier, a dreamer, a teacher, a follower, a leader, a chef, a maid, a chauffeur, a CEO, a student, a gardener, a writer, a reader, a red head, a blonde, a brunette, ;), a hard worker, a procrastinator, a go- getter, a lazy lump, a list maker, a note taker, an insomniac, a sleepy head, a woman in pain, victorious, prayerful, funny, crazy, serious, sad, optimistic, loving, confident, unworthy, graceful, clumsy, inspiring, frustrating, passionate, woeful, joyful...... I am all these things and so much more.  I am thankful that I'm sure of my identity in Christ and that I am constantly growing, changing and evolving.  I'm thankful that I've finally come to terms with the lies of my past and the knowledge that I am not the words, hurts or labels that others put upon me.  I am me- good, bad and ugly.  Praising God for finally being at that place where it's ok to be who I am.

Philippians 1:6 

 ...being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

*photo taken by Kodiak July 31, 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment