Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Trust

trust

noun
1. certainty based on past experience; "he wrote the paper with considerable reliance on the work of other scientists"; "he put more trust in his own two legs than in the gun" [syn: reliance]
3. the trait of believing in the honesty and reliability of others; "the experience destroyed his trust and personal dignity" [ant: distrust]
4. complete confidence in a person or plan etc; "he cherished the faith of a good woman"; "the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust" [syn: faith]
5. a trustful relationship; "he took me into his confidence"; "he betrayed their trust" [syn: confidence]

verb
1. have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in God"; "Rely on your friends"; "bank on your good education"; "I swear by my grandmother's recipes" [ant: distrust]
2. allow without fear
3. be confident about something; "I believe that he will come back from the war" [syn: believe]
4. expect and wish; "I trust you will behave better from now on"; "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise" [syn: hope]
5. confer a trust upon; "The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret"; "I commit my soul to God" [syn: entrust]

The events of the past 7 months have hinged upon one important thing...TRUST. When trust is broken how is it regained? In personal relationships you have love to see you through to forgiveness and back to a place of trust. In other types of relationships it is harder to rely on faith that your best interests are most important to those that have broken the trust. It is hard when actions show that your life is of no value to a community. How is one expected to continue in a job that requires you to put your life on the line when the very people you represent and serve have breeched the trust? Is it unreasonable to expect actions to back up words? I don't think so. When trust is broken it must be earned back. You can't simply take the word of those that are only interested in self-preservation to have your best interests at heart. When they tell lies about you, refuse to let you be heard and make light of your concerns and experience they don't have your back. If they don't have your back then you have no obligation to put it on the line for them. Your life and service is worth more than inflated egos, corruption and self serving people who have no understanding of the scope of their actions. You are all heros and deserve to be treated with honor, respect and dignity. I'm sorry that the trust has been broken. I know our community is the worse for this path. I pray that you know your worth and value to the many lives you have touched in your 150 odd years of combined service.

1 comment:

  1. It breaks my heart to see T and the others being treated this way. For heaven's sake, if my house was on fire, they are the first ones I would want showing up! And they're volunteers! They do it for the love of the job

    Ugh. I do hope it gets better!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete