Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Laughter

Laughter really is good medicine. I've laughed more recently than I have laughed in a long time. There is something to be said for the company of people who make you laugh and have the ability to laugh at themselves. Life is so much richer with laughter. The tough stuff isn't so hard when you have bursts of spontaneous silliness, big old belly laughs, pee your pants fits of giggles and snorts.

A wise prophet told me some time ago that I need to lighten up and embrace my Hero's warped sense of humor and ability to see the lighter side of life. It's taken me awhile to get to this place but I finally understand why this wise man thought that little pearl was so important so many years ago. I almost feel guilty for blowing off those words of wisdom... I've definitely robbed myself of some happiness by taking everything so seriously.

I guess this approaching 40 thing is really having me reflect on people and moments that have touched my life. I'm glad that I'm mature enough to take heed to some of the wisdom I've put on the back burner all too long.

1 comment: