Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mother Nature is a cruel friend

An optimist is the human personification of spring. ~Susan J. Bissonette
I'm tring to maintain a positive attitude, really I am. I just wrote all about Eeyore afterall but I'm really being challenged this week trying to find my eternal optimist. I'm struggling physically in huge ways and the weather has taken an ugly turn. Last weekend we basked in the warmth of spring on our freshly cleaned front porch. It felt so good to retrieve the patio furniture from under tarps that were once covered in snow. It was lovely to sit there in the warm sun and plan our garden for this year. To hear birds chirping and kids playing. Even the annoying revs of the street and dirt bikes in the distance did little to dampen my spirit. Yet a mere week later we are again under the white blanket of winter that threatens to suffocate me with it's gloomy grey sky and bitter cold. Where are you spring? Will you ever stay? Will I ever see green again? The cruel winter mocks me and my poor seedlings on th window sill.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it the truth?!?! We keep wondering the same thing here!

    Big hugs and rays of sunshine to you. - Cza

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was sitting here a few days ago thinking that winter had arrived and boom, back to tee shirts again. Who knows what this weather is doing...

    Hope the sun visits you real soon!
    Hugs
    - J9

    ReplyDelete