Saturday, March 08, 2008

International Women's Day!

I'll admit that I just read this on my calendar and had to wiki it to find out what it was all about.

So in honor of this day I want to give a 'shout-out' to all the women who have touched my life - past and present. Each of you have added something to my life and I thank you for that gift.

My favorite girl power quote:

“A nation is not conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground. Then it is done, no matter how brave its warriors or strong its weapons.” ~Cheyenne Proverb

2 comments:

  1. I love the quote, and I love Wiki too, don't you?!

    Interesting holiday, not that we shouldn't celebrate women in every way, every day or anything. I also find it interesting how the holiday has "evolved" over the years - from protests to flowers. lol

    GO US! (and no that isn't the United States :P) keke

    ReplyDelete
  2. My crew thinks I'm a genius thanks to Wiki. LOL!! I think we take for granted what others are still fighting for. It was interesting to see what countries recognize Women's Day as more than a day on the calendar.

    ReplyDelete