Thursday, March 06, 2008

Your Best Life


Recently someone asked the question "Are you living your "best life"?". I didn't give it a whole lot of thought and quickly answered with something along the lines of "It depends whose measuring stick you are using to determine if I'm living my best life. For me, I believe that I am living my best life for right now, this minute". Since then I've been thinking of the how people get to the place where they feel that they are living their "best life". I've also been wondering if I'm missing out on something for believing in my answer to the question.

What makes a life the best? Who decides what the best is? Are you living your best life? If you aren't living your best life what are the stumbling blocks to getting to that place? Do you have a plan of action to get you there? If you are at that place how did you get there? I'll try to answer some of these questions later.

3 comments:

  1. Good questions for life. I occasionally ponder to myself and wonder if there are better paths to get me where I want to go. Interesting topic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very qood question and I definately am not the one with answers. I'm trying to figure this all out myself.

    To answer your questions...
    1. Only you can answer this question for yourself, but I believe it is being happy.
    2. You decide, no one else, what the best is for you.
    3. My stumbling blocks are living in the moment. I need to do it more often. I'm really trying to do this more and more. Sure we all need to have a vision for the future, and remember things from the past, but not to forget to experience life in the here and now. That's what I believe my best life will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree that your best life can only come from within and be determined by you. It seems that many people are striving for what they see in someone else's life as "best" or "worthy". I'm not saying it isn't great to learn things from others that cause you to grow and become your best. However, I think many people get caught up in meeting the expectations of others rather than searching within to meet their own hearts desire.

    ReplyDelete